Chef Kong Yik Hong (Chef Hong) is one of Malaysia’s leading figures in sugar art show pieces and is a proficient and qualified instructor. Chef Hong worked as pastry artiest at top hotels including Jumeirah Beach Hotel (Dubai), Chef de Parties at Westin Hotel (Kuala Lumpur) and as pastry decorator at Palace of The Golden Horse (Kuala Lumpur).
Chef Hong take part in various world class competitions and won many gold medals in sugar art work. His creations have garnered the attention of professionals in the industry around the globe.
- 2013 Coupe du Monde de la Patisserie, World Pastry Cup 2013, France
- Asia Pastry Cup 2012, 2nd Prize
- Emirate Culinary Guild a e Silver Medal for Open Showpiece, Silver Medal for Pastry Showpiece at Emirate Salon Culinary Dubai 2009
- Emirate Culinary Guild a e Silver Medal for Chocolate Carving Showpiece, Bronze Medal for Pastry Showpiece at Emirate Salon Culinary Dubai 2008
- Emirate Culinary Guild a Gold Medal for Pastry Showpiece at Middle East Chef Of The Years 2007
- Emirate Culinary Guild a e Bronze Medal for Chocolate Carving Showpiece, Bronze Medal for Open Showpiece at Emirate Salon Culinary Dubai 2007
- International snow sculpture competition of Harbin, China 2004
Our sterling performance have drawn global media attention.
A notable figure in the baking industry, Chef Hong has earned himself positive acclaims from local and international media. He has been invited to appear on local TV food programs as guest chef, and has been given exclusive interviews by the media.
NTV7 Good Morning Tai Tai 活力早晨